Chocolate Gelato Ice Cream Recipes
- 2 ounces fine-quality bittersweet chocolate
- 2 1/4 cups whole milk
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup minus
- 2 tablespoons superfine granulated sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 large egg yolks
- Grade or chop the chocolate. In a 2 quarter saucepan pour the milk, cream, and half of sugar with a simmer volume.
- Stir until the sugar gets dissolved. Then remove the pan from heat and add unsweetened cocoa powder and chocolate, whisk until the chocolate is melted and mixture gets smooth.
- In a large bowl, have ice and cold water with electric mixer beat yolks and remaining sugar until thick and pale mix obtained.
- Add hot chocolate mixture in a slow stream, whisk and pour into saucepan. Also, cook custard over moderate heat; stir constantly. Freeze chocolate in an ice-cream maker. Transfer to an airtight container and put in freezer for 1 to 3 hours.