Lemon Gelato Ice Cream Recipes
- 4 cups milk Zest from 8 lemons
- 1/2 vanilla bean
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 10 egg yolks
- Pinch salt
- Heat the milk in a saucepan to a simmer. Put lemon zest and vanilla bean in a bowl and add hot milk.
- Make the mixture cool and infusing for about 8 hours in the freezer. Strain the milk into saucepan and add half sugar and brings into simmer.
- Whisk the yolks with remaining sugar until blended and dribble the hot milk into egg yolks. Whisk the mixture to heat the yolks without cooking.
- When milk has been added, cook the sauce over medium heat and stir constantly for about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Stir with a pinch of salt and strain into heatproof bowl to set over ice. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours and transfer to ice cream machine.
- Then return the ice cream into a container and freeze for about 2 hours.