Ice Creams » Pistachio Gelato Ice Cream Recipes
Pistachio Gelato Ice Cream Recipes
- 3/4 cup unsalted shelled pistachios (about 3 3/4 ounces)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 5 large egg yolks
- 2 drops green food coloring
- Finely grind 3/4 cup pistachios and 1/4 cup sugar in
- Add pistachio mixture, milk and almond extract in medium
saucepan. Boil the mixture whisk the yolks 1/2 cup sugar
in large bowl to blend.
- Whisk milk mixture into yolk mixture and return the mixture
- Stir over low heat until custard gets thick and leaves
a path at the back of the spoon.
- Remove from heat and whisk with food coloring and freeze
the custard for about 3 hours.
- Process the custard in the ice cream maker and freeze.
To have a delicious gelato, scoop into glasses or bowls
and garnish with chopped pistachios.