Category » Vegetable-Ice-Cream
» Carrot Ice Cream
Carrot Ice Cream
- 300 mls carrot juice - ideally freshly squeezed from young, sweet carrots
- 5 egg yolks
- 100 grams caster sugar
- 300 mls double cream or mascarpone
- Place the eggs and sugar in a large mixing bowl, if possible one with a pouring spout.
- Beat the eggs and sugar together with a hand whisk until pale and well combined.
- Pour the carrot juice over the egg and sugar mixture and whisk both together until the mixture is well combined.
- Pour the mixture into a heavy-based pot and place it over low-medium heat.
- Cook the mixture, whisking it constantly for approximately 5-8 minutes until it has thickened to a light custard consistency.
- Take out the carrot custard from the heat and pour it back into the mixing bowl, scraping the sides with a spatula.
- Fluff up in the cream and set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Pour into the container of your ice-cream machine and mix according to your manufacturer’s instructions.