Category -> Sugar-Free-Ice-Cream->Sugar-Free-Strawberry Ice Cream
Sugar-Free Strawberry Ice Cream
- 1 tsp. plain gelatin
- 12 ounces evaporated whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup instant nonfat dry milk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3/4 cup Splenda Granular
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups crushed fresh strawberries
- Make ice cream base.
- Whisk together the evaporated milk, cream, whole milk, nonfat dry milk, honey and Splenda Granular in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir well and set aside.
- Stir gelatin and cornstarch together in a microwaveable bowl.
- Pour cold water into the gelatin and cornstarch mixture.
- Stir well using a small whisk, until the mixture is very well blended and there are no visible lumps.
- Microwave the gelatin mixture on high about 2 minutes, stopping and stirring every 30 seconds or until a thick clear gel forms.
- If the gel turns into one big lump, simply start over.
- It means that your microwave could have been too hot or you were not stopping and stirring the mixture frequently enough.
- Remove cooked mixture from microwave.
- Slowly add 3/4 cup of the ice cream base into the gelatin.
- Stir well, making sure the gelatin and cornstarch are evenly distributed and there are no visible lumps.
- Pour back into remaining ice cream base and mix well. Add crushed strawberries and stir until just blended.
- Freeze in ice cream maker following manufacturer’s instructions.