Dulce de Leche Gelato Recipes
- 2 1/4 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 vanilla bean, cut in half, seeds scraped out
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup dulce de leche
- 3 egg yolks
- Combine milk, cream, vanilla bean, salt, sugar and dulce de leche. Bring into simmer.
- Whisk egg yolks. Take the mixture in two half cup measure and pour into egg yolks and whisk quickly.
- Once the mixture gets blended well, then pour it back into saucepan.
- Cook the gelato mixture over medium low heat and stir constantly. Strain through fine mesh sieve and refrigerate for four hours.
- Once the gelato is completely cooled, freeze it in the ice cream maker.