Ice Cream »
Ice Cream Varieties
Ice Cream Cakes
» Amaretto Ice Cream Cake
Amaretto Ice Cream Cake
- 1 angel food cake
- 1/2 cup amaretto
- 1 pint pistachio ice cream
- 1 pint strawberry ice cream
- ½ pint Whipping cream or 2 cups cool whip
- 1 pkg Semi sweet chocolate morsels
- Cut the cake into 3 layers using sharp knife. Add 3 tablespoon of the amaretto in each layer. Keep one layer on a serving platter.
- Cut ice cream into pieces and place pistachio ice cream on bottom layer. Top with next cake layer and a layer of strawberry ice cream. Top with third cake layer. Keep in freezer
- In a bowl combine heavy cream and remaining amaretto and beat until very thick.
- Melt chocolate over very low heat until soft. Spread chocolate in 1/4 inch layer on foil and chill until it hardens. Using a small cookie cutter cut hearts, bunnies. Decorate top and base of cake. Freeze until it is ready to supply.