Cream Varieties-> Ice Cream Cakes -> Cranberry Pistachio Ice Cream Cake
Cranberry Pistachio Ice Cream Cake
- 1 ½ Chocolate cream filled cookies
- ¼ butter or margarine, melted
- 1 ½ cups Fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 sup water
- 6 cups vanilla ice cream
- ½ cup pistachios, divided
- Firmly pack the ice cream into a foil lined 9 inch round cake pan.
- Cover and freeze it for 2 hours. Preheat oven. Grease flour two cake pans.
- Combine sugar, cocoa, baking soda baking powder in a large mixture bowl.
- Add eggs, buttermilk, coffee, oil and vanilla extract.
- Beat on medium speed of 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into prepared cake pans.
- Bake until cake tester comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan and cool it completely.
- Place one cake layer upside down on the serving plate.
- Top with ice cream removed from cake pan.
- Place second cake layer topside up over ice cream layer.
- Gently spread the whipped cream on top and sides of cake.
- With decoration tube or a spoon make a border of whipped cream around edges of top layer of cake.
- Fill center with cherry pie fillings.
- Cover and freeze 1 hour before serving.