Cream Varieties-> Ice Cream Cakes -> Cran Orange Ice Cream Cake
Cran Orange Ice Cream Cake
- 3/4 cup crushed gingersnap cookies
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 6 cups reduced-fat vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 tbs grated orange peel
- Merge the cookie crumbs, sugar and butter in a small bowl; press onto the base of a 9-in. spring form pan covered with cooking spray. Freeze it for 1 hour.
- Then merge the cranberries, brown sugar, orange juice and cloves in the pan. Cook over an average heat for 10-15 minutes and stirring frequently. Allow it to cool. Then move it to a food processor; cover and process until blend. Cool it for 30 minutes.
- Mix the ice cream and orange peel in a large bowl. Add half over the crust and spread cranberry mixture over ice cream. Cool it for 30 minutes and freeze remaining ice cream mixture.
- Then soften the remaining ice cream mixture; spread it over cranberry layer. Cover and freeze for 6 hours. Take away from the freezer and serve it