Cream Varieties-> Ice Cream Cakes -> Basic Ice Cream Cake
Basic Ice Cream Cake
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 egg whites
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/3 cups milk or 1 1/3 cups buttermilk
- 1 1/2 quarts ice cream (just a regular-sized container or ice cream)
- Take out ice cream to defrost until softened.(All flavor of ice cream will work.).
- Line a nine inch round cake pan with plastic cover and take the softened ice cream and fill the cake pan. Make sure the ice cream is not very runny, or else it will not freeze well.
- Wrap pans with plastic cover (saran wrap) and put in freezer to harden for several hours. You can make the ice cream overnight.
- For the cake, cream with butter and sugar in a mixing bowl, then beat in egg whites and vanilla. Merge dry ingredients, and then add to bowl alternately with the milk.
- Spread equally into two greased and floured 9 inch round cake pans. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes at 350 degrees or until toothpick comes out dry. Cool totally.
- Bring together the ice cream cake. Take one layer of cake and rest it on a platter. Remove the ice cream layer out of its pan and place on top of cake layer. Place the remaining cake layer on the very top, and then frost top and sides with desired frosting.
- Keep it in the freezer until serving. Enjoy!