Cream Varieties-> Ice Cream Cakes -> Ice Cream Pretzel Cake Recipe
Ice Cream Pretzel Cake Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups trodden pretzels
- 6 tbs cold butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
- 2 pkgs chocolate-covered small pretzels
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream
- 1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
- Place trodden pretzels in a petite bowl; incise in butter until powdery. Press onto the base of a greased 9-in. spring form pan. Wrap and freeze for at least 30 minutes. Swell fudge topping over crust; cover and freeze.
- Put aside 16 chocolate-covered pretzels for decorate. Place remaining pretzels in a food processor; wrap and process until powdery. Move to a large bowl; blend in ice cream. Spread over fudge topping. Dribble with caramel topping. Decorate with reserved pretzels. Wrap and freeze for at least 8 hours or overnight. Yield: 16 servings.
- If it is difficult to find chocolate-coated pretzels, make use of 1 package milk chocolate chips, 4 teaspoons shortening and about 110 small pretzel twists. In a microwave, melt chips and shortening; mix until blended. By using a fork, dip pretzels into chocolate mixture to uniformly coat, reheating chocolate if needed. Let place on waxed paper until set.