Creams ->Mango Ice Cream Varieties->Mango Ice
Ice Cream Recipe
- Single Cream - 2/3cup
- Egg Yolks - 2
- Corn flour - 1/2tsp
- Water - 1tsp
- Sliced Mango - 3 or 4 (medium
- Lemon juice - 1tbs
- Heavy Cream - 2/3cup
- In a bowl mix the egg yolks with corn flour
and water until smooth.
- Heat the single cream in a saucepan.
Do not allow to boil.
- Pour it to the egg yolk mixture,
stirring all the time.
- Transfer the mixture to the pan
and place it over a very low heat.
- Stir the mixture
continuously until it gets thickens and pour into a
- Puree the mango slices in a blender
until smooth and sieve.
- Mix it with the custard and
stir in the lime juice. Whip the double (heavy) cream
until soft peaks form.
- Fold into the mango mixture
until thoroughly combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a freezer
- Cover and freeze until half-frozen
and still mushy in the centre.
- Turn the mixture into
a bowl and mash well with a fork until smooth.
to the container, cover and freeze again until firm.
- Keep the container in the main compartment of the
refrigerator for about 30 minutes before serving to
allow the ice-cream to soften slightly.
Related Fruit IceCreams
Blackcurrent Ice Cream
Peach Ice Cream
Strawberry Ice Cream
Mango Ice Cream
Pear Ice Cream