Creams-> Blackcurrant Ice Cream Varieties ->Blackcurrant Ice Cream Recipe
Ice Cream Recipe
- 450 g/1 lb blackcurrants, stripped
from their stalks
- 150 ml water
- 75 g/3 oz caster (superfine) sugar
- 3 eggs, separated
- 300 ml single (light) cream
- 300 ml double (heavy) cream
- Put the blackcurrants in a pan with the water and sugar.
- Heat gently, stirring, until the sugar dissolves, then bring to the boil and boil for 5 minutes.
- Puree in a blender or food processor, then pass through a sieve (strainer).
- Beat the egg yolks, then gradually whisk in the puree.
- Cool slightly, then stir in the single cream.
- Turn into a freezer-proof container and freeze for 1-1.5 hours until half-frozen.
- Whisk thoroughly with a fork to break up the ice crystals. Whisk the egg whites until stiff, then whip the double cream until peaking.
- Fold the cream, then the egg whites, into the mixture and freeze until firm.
Related Ice Creams