Creams-> Blackcurrant Ice Cream Varieties ->Blackcurrant Ice Cream Recipe
Ice Cream Recipe
- 450 g/1 lb blackcurrants, stripped
from their stalks
- 150 ml water
- 75 g/3 oz caster (superfine) sugar
- 3 eggs, separated
- 300 ml single (light) cream
- 300 ml double (heavy) cream
- Put the blackcurrants in a pan with the water and sugar.
- Heat gently, stirring, until the sugar dissolves, then bring to the boil and boil for 5 minutes.
- Puree in a blender or food processor, then pass through a sieve (strainer).
- Beat the egg yolks, then gradually whisk in the puree.
- Cool slightly, then stir in the single cream.
- Turn into a freezer-proof container and freeze for 1-1.5 hours until half-frozen.
- Whisk thoroughly with a fork to break up the ice crystals. Whisk the egg whites until stiff, then whip the double cream until peaking.
- Fold the cream, then the egg whites, into the mixture and freeze until firm.
Related Ice Creams
Guava Ice Cream
Kiwi Ice Cream
Lychee Ice Cream
Apricot Ice Cream
Banana Ice Cream