Fruit Ice Creams
Cream » Lychee Ice Creams Varieties » Lychee Ice Cream Recipe
Lychee Ice Cream Recipe
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup thin coconut milk
- 1 cup reserved lychee syrup from
a can of lychees
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2-3/4 cup sugar or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped lychee (about
- Combine cream, coconut milk, reserved syrup, egg yolks
and sugar in a 1 1/2 - 2-quart saucepan.
- Cook gently
over low-medium heat, stirring, until thickened and
mixture coats the back of a wooden spoon.
- Stir in vanilla
extract and remove from heat.
- Strain mixture into a
metal bowl and chill, covered, for at least 4 hours
- To freeze, follow ice cream machine’s
manufacturer directions, adding chopped lychee when
ice cream is almost frozen.
- Transfer to a container
and freeze until serving time.
- Alternatively, freeze
ice cream in a bowl with a tight-fitting lid and stir
well every hour until frozen.
- This will result in an
ice cream that has somewhat of an irregular texture,
but delicious nonetheless.
Related Fruit Ice Creams