Creams-> Strawberry Ice Creams Varieties->Strawberry Ice Cream with Balsamic Vinegar Recipe
Ice Cream with Balsamic Vinegar Recipe
- 3 egg yolks (L)
- 100 g sugar
- 200 ml milk
- 250 g fresh strawberries, cleaned
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 125 g crème double
- 75 g heavy cream
- 2-3 tbsp balsamic vinegar (the best
you can afford)
- Heat the milk in a small saucepan and bring
to a boil.
- Remove from the stove and allow to cool down
for about some minutes.
- Whisk together egg yolks and
70 g of the sugar in a bowl until most of the sugar
crystals have dissolved and the color becomes light
- Pour the warm milk over the egg and sugar
concoction while constantly stirring (slowly, otherwise
you will end up with foam).
- Reheat the custard mix slowly
while continuously stirring/scraping the bottom of the
pot until it has noticeably thickened and coats the
back of a spoon or heatproof rubber spatula, but do
not let it boil.
- Remove from heat and let cool down.
- Meanwhile prepare the strawberry puree:
Coarsely chop the fruits, sprinkle with the remaining
sugar and lemon juice and let rest for a few minutes
before you process them with a handheld blender until
the puree is smooth.
- Separate about 50 g in an extra,
small bowl and chill in the fridge (covered) for later.
- Once the custard is cooled down, add
the strawberry puree, the crème double as well
as the heavy creme and stir well. Season to taste
with a good aged balsamic vinegar (don't overdo it,
you only want a pleasant hint) and refrigerate until
- Pour the custard into an ice cream
maker and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Transfer to a plastic container when done and layer
it with tablespoons of the remaining strawberry puree.
- Freeze until firm.
Related Fruit Ice Creams
Mango Ice Cream
Melon Ice Cream
Orange Ice Cream
Coconut Ice Cream
Pineapple Ice Cream