Fruit Ice Creams » Apple Ice Creams Varieties » Apple Ice Cream Recipe
Apple Ice Cream Recipe
- 500 g (18 oz) desert
apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 2 tbsp of lemon juice
- 1/3 cup (75 g) 3oz sugar
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 2 tsp redcurrant jelly
- 284 ml carton whipping cream
- Fresh mint and apple slices to serve (optional)
- Place the apples in a pan with the lemon juice and sugar and cook gently, keeping covered, for 5-6 minutes, until soft.
- Beat in the cinnamon and redcurrant jelly and leave to cool. Whip the cream until fairly thick, and then fold it into the apple purée.
- Pour into a plastic container, cover and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Give the ice creams a stir and refreeze for a further 4 - 5 hours, or until completely frozen.
- Decorate with Fresh mint and sliced apple before serving.
Related Fruit Ice Creams